Homecoming Week 2017

Trinity Adams

Homecoming week is a big and important week for RHS. It involves spirit week, the homecoming parade, the football game, and the homecoming dance. The spirit week schedule started off on Monday with color day. Freshman wore red, sophomores wore blue, juniors wore orange, and seniors wore camo. Tuesday was Hawaiian/Tourists day. Wednesday was Wear to Work day where students dressed up as what they want to be when they grow up. Thursday was tie-dye/hippie day and Friday was Bobcat day. The goal of spirit week is to spread school spirit throughout the school system for the homecoming game and dance.

During the school day on Friday, September 22, there were pep rallies held at Mcharg, Belle Heth, and Radford High School to boost school spirit and prepare the team for the game. That night the varsity football team took on Allegany. Radford came out with the win with the score of 24-7. During halftime, Bailee Cox and Eric Burdette were announced as Homecoming King and Queen. At the dance, the court was announced and Bailee and Eric started off the night with a first dance. As the evening ended, the conclusion of the dance wrapped up a successful Homecoming week that created lasting memories for many students.