The student news site of Radford High School

Your Guide to Scholarships

As February rolls around seniors are gearing up for their college decisions. The process of scholarships and be stressful, it can be hard to know exactly where to begin. There are so many amazing scholarship opportunities out there and it is hard decipher which ones are right for you. Below are some tips on how to find and apply for them.

How to find scholarships:

1. Check with your guidance counselor about local scholarship opportunities- The January senior newsletter that Mrs. Chitwood provided has information and dates on local scholarships.
  2. Check out the scholarships tab on the guidance website: https://sites.google.com/a/rcps.org/rhsguidance/scholarhips
  3. Research other scholarships- Here are some websites/apps that may help:

How to apply for scholarships:

1. Make sure you have all your materials together and stay organized.
  2. All scholarships have different requirements and qualifications, make sure to read the directions and fine print carefully. This will help you figure out what materials (such as essays) may apply to more than one scholarship.
  3. It is important that you meet deadlines. If you have a calendar or planner write them down, this will make it much easier to keep track of scholarships and deadlines.
  4. Do not wait until the last minute to write your essay. It helps to have time to ask your friends and teachers for feedback and editing before you submit it.
  5. Double check and make sure you have completed all the requirements before you click submit.

Good Luck!

The Acorn • Copyright 2019 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in