The student news site of Radford High School
Back to Article
Back to Article

Emily Anderson

Emily Anderson

Meet the girl with crazy good flute skills and effortless style.

Emily Anderson wears a swaying, gray cardigan, leggings, and a blush rose pink top with newsboy shoes and ‘50s style glasses. She tells me the cardigan is her mother’s, and I’m instantly impressed with Anderson’s ability to share with me so comfortably. She looks effortlessly chic, and manages to give off a vibe of comfort, while still looking classy and put-together.

Anderson has a twin, Evan Anderson, and she begins to talk about him with a slight smile on her face, as if she’s remembering something funny he once said. “Having a twin is definitely interesting, you kinda do the same things, and you’re just together all the time. Sometimes it can be kind of strange, but it’s not that bad. Once you’re older, you know, you don’t fight as much and you’re almost like the same person in a lot of situations, but not, which can be weird. I think it’s more different when you have a brother, and you’re a girl. I think sometimes if you have twins of the same-sex, people tend to be apart of the same friend group, but with me and Evan, it’s not like that.”

I asked Emily what she does when’s not hanging out with her brother, or doing school-work. Shs told me about band, and how she’s been playing the flute for five years now. “We just had chair auditions. It was a little nerve-racking, but it wasn’t as bad as I thought it was gonna be. Alexis Hefley, one of my really good friends, got first and I got second. I was really excited about getting that position honestly.”

The Acorn • Copyright 2019 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in