Photo Provided by Public Domain

Radford’s FFA Hosts their own Thanksgiving

FFA is an organization for middle school and high school students who are interested in agriculture. Members must be in an agriculture class to participate. The organization focuses on the individual student by helping them develop their own talent and explore careers in various agricultural fields. Members learn about leadership, personal growth, and career success. The organization is funded by donation and sponsorship.

Radford High School FFA began in 2014 under Katelyn Givens, Agriculture Teacher. Radford is currently in their third year and the club is growing every year. The club generally meets once a month. The meetings last around 30 minutes, and delicious snacks are usually provided. Radford FFA held a Thanksgiving dinner in the RHS Cafeteria on Tuesday evening, (November 22). The dinner was served buffet style, and the group circled up and said prayer before lining up to fill their plates with some delicious thanksgiving food. The dinner was comprised of a variety of dishes made by various members, which included mashed potatoes, macaroni and cheese, dressing and of course the turkey. As well as the main dinner, there was a variety of desserts. Throughout dinner, most were engrossed in small conversation. Senior, Bryce Nolan offered some small entertainment with a few jokes he had planned ahead of time. Overall the dinner was very casual, and lasted about an hour, with people coming and going for a quick bite, before heading off to enjoy their five day break.

The Acorn • Copyright 2020 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in