The student news site of Radford High School
Back to Article
Back to Article

Annual Club Fair Builds Enthusiasm with Freshmen and Sophomores

Maddi Schneider

emma-kateSchool is not all about the homework and test preparation. Another, very important, aspect of school is the extra-curricular activities that students can join. Tina Tapp, ninth grade Transition Coordinator and English Teacher, organized this year’s club fair. She explained to the ninth and tenth graders that “being involved in extracurricular activities improves your academic performance, improves your chances of getting into college, and most importantly, is fun!”

During 6th period on Friday, October 7, all freshman and sophomore students headed to the auditorium to get a taste of each club offered at Radford High School. The officers for each club came out to talk about what they do, when they meet, and why students should join their activity.

After the presentations in the auditorium to give students information about each club, the students moseyed into the lobby to see the booths set up by each club. The freshmen got a five minute head start to get one on one time with the members of each club and sign up for the ones they like. The was real excitement as the students alyrealized that groups like SAGA (Sexual and Gender Acceptance) were giving out skittles and the Forensics team was handing out candy corn. Other groups in attendance were Scholastic Bowl, MACC, BCHANGE, MagicThe Gathering, YADAPP, Project 7, Literary Magazine/Creative Writing Club, Video Club, Chess Club, FFA, Anime Club, National Honor Society, FCA, and the Hunting and Fishing Club.

Eventually the sophomores joined the freshmen to check out the booths and get signed up. Students were encouraged to find at least one club to join. Students were chattering with excitement as they signed their names on the roles for a variety of clubs. The club representatives were equally excited to be adding new names to the lists of students already participating.

The Acorn • Copyright 2019 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in