The student news site of Radford High School

Recently Released Album Highlights

Discover fresh music from these released albums

Despite the short three months left of 2016, the music industry is at it’s peak during this time of the year. Many people anticipate the season just for new album releases. The new releases of September earned much praise, all being unique works of art on their own.

bastille

Photo provided by Public Domain

Wild World by Bastille

The British indie-pop band Bastille released their sophomore album three weeks ago. This crowd-pleasing band’s new content has evolved and has been described as “rock songcraft and electronic pop”. Good Grief was released as a single in June, and the album grew wildly popular shortly after it’s release. The album’s feel compares to the feeling of exploring a big city on a Sunday. This winsomely upbeat album is unquestionably worth a listen, as I highly recommend it.

Release Date: September 9, 2016

Featured Tracks: Send Them Off!, The Currents, Fake It

frank-ocean

Photo provided by Public Domain

Blonde by Frank Ocean

At last, Frank Ocean’s long-awaited album has finally been released. It is a skill for an artist to maintain relevance through music, and Frank has undoubtedly done just that. He exposes an acoustic side to R&B in his instrumentation, which gave an indie rock feel to the album. The lyrics show purpose and genuinity; in the most favored song on his album, Nikes, he mourns A$AP Yams and Pimp C, who both died of drug overdoses including codeine. The album has grown popular for good reason, as it is like stargazing on a Saturday night with someone special. Even for those who don’t enjoy R&B, this work of art is a crowd-pleaser to say the least.

Release Date: August 20, 2016

Featured Tracks: Nikes, Pink + White, White Ferrari, Ivy

bad-suns

Photo provided by Public Domain

Disappear Here by Bad Suns

The beautifully upbeat alternative rock band has at last released their sophomore album. This groundbreaking album is an amazing transition from their first album, and the sophomore album could be their most dynamic work yet, especially in consideration to their first album being released with such monumentality. The tracks are so thrilling, invoking the feeling of driving into the sunset on the west coast with the top down. This prestigious alternative band still has much to bring to the music industry, but for now, Disappear Here has taken fans by storm. Disappear Here will amuse and entice you to new levels, especially for those who enjoy upbeat or alternative music.

Release Date: September 16, 2016

Featured Tracks: Disappear Here, Heartbreaker, Love Like Revenge

grouplove-big-mess

Photo provided by Public Domain

Big Mess by Grouplove

Grouplove has always emanated a sense of free spirited youth with perky, vivacious music that you always find yourself singing along to. Their third album, Big Mess, took a more mature approach and depicted the image of everyday reality. Listening to this well-rounded album portrays a picture of having a beachside barbecue beneath the warmth of the summer sun. The lyrics show pure honesty and vulnerability that most can relate to. The indie band gives the audience a variety of casual-natured songs; there’s a pleasurable Grouplove song for everyone, regardless of music preference.

Release Date: September 9, 2016

Featured Tracks: Welcome To Your Life, Do You Love Someone, Enlighten Me

The Acorn • Copyright 2019 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in