The student news site of Radford High School
Back to Article
Back to Article

Bobcats Pop the Question “Hoco2k16?”

Photo provided by Raegan Joyce

Photo provided by Raegan Joyce

Photo provided by Raegan Joyce

Bobcats Pop the Question “Hoco2k16?”

We are all familiar with the back to school tradition of getting up the nerve, or anxiously waiting to ask or be asked to homecoming. Each year we see hoards of peers popping the question, but this year students at RHS are getting creative, whether they’re asking a bae or a bestie. Here’s some hoco inspo, in case you’re late asking your date, from this year’s most memorable proposals:

fullsizerender-2

Photo provided by Raegan Joyce

B-Day Surprise–  Matthew Rehak asked Raegan Joyce with a birthday surprise in the form of a big “Hoco?” sign in the bed of his truck.

fullsizerender-6

Photo provided by Meigs Helms

Hoco Musical– Kam Edwards asked Meigs Helms like a true wildcat

with a High School Musical themed sign. One things for sure Kam’s got his head in the hoco game.

fullsizerender-3

Photo provided by Emma Minnick

Hoco would be Lit– William Mitchell’s hoco proposal to Emma Minnick was fire. Literally. With a sweet sign and “Hoco?” spelled out in tea lights. “ I was lied to all night in order for this to happen, but in the end I got the CUTEST homecoming proposal AND date.” says Minnick.

fullsizerender-4

Photo provided by Ivy Schafer

Will you be my Chick at Hoco?– Liam Hickam kept it simple, and yummy, when he asked Ivy Schafer to homecoming. He popped the question with a box of Chick-fil-a nuggets.

fullsizerender-5

Photo provided by Connor Shaffer

Connor^2–  Connor Murphy kicked off hoco fever this year with a nod to Connor Shaffer’s favorite TV show: Parks and Rec. Murphy snagged his date with a plate of waffles topped with raspberries arranged to spell “Hoco?” “Leslie Knope would be proud,” says Shaffer.

fullsizerender-1

Photo provided by Sarah Ward

We All Scream for Hoco!–  Tyler McDaniel’s sweet proposal was  Sarah Ward’s piece of cake. McDaniel ordered a Cold Stone Creamery cake with icing spelling out “Hoco?” and surprised Ward at the ice cream shop.

img_0755-1Photo provided by Hannah Brockway

To Ask? or Not to Ask?– Bayley Holbrook asked his date Hannah Brockway with a poster phrasing the question in the words of Shakespeare, Brockways favorite play write, “ I was stunned! It was a really creative idea. So me!”

img_0752

Photo provided by Susanna Marshall

#countryboysdoitbest– Chance Turpin got his hands dirty when he asked Susanna Marshall to homecoming. In true country boy fashion he drew out “Hoco?” in the mud splashed on the side of his white Ford.

The Acorn • Copyright 2019 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in